Friday, March 18, 2016

Ben & Jerry's Limited Batch: Cake My Day!


Every single time I go to the grocery store, I walk by the ice cream like there's an elderly couple having sex in the middle of the aisle. Not because I don't enjoy it, but because I realize that too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. But because of my troubling financial circumstances I recently had to cancel my subscriptions to a few certain websites, and I needed to fill that shameful void somehow- enter Ben and Jerry's Cake My Day.



Well my day was certainly caked... it was... cade... my day was cake... well... uh. The Ben and Jerry's was on sale for $1.99. So the decision to buy this ice cream was a piece of cake!!! Yeah, knew I'd find that sooner or later. Anyway, Ben and Jerry's pints for $1.99. Sometimes, Shaw's and Star Market just has unbelievably stupid deals on these pints. If you've got one in your 'hood, keep your eyes peeled. I was going to take a picture of the sign but I didn't think of it soon enough and the sale ended, so you're going to have to just believe me here. And if you don't, then why are you getting your food reviews from a source you've deemed untrustworthy? Like there's not enough pictures of cats on the Internet to keep you busy for five minutes, and you're just browsing through shady food reviews. Go outside.



Ben and Jerry's Cake My Day will Cake Your Day the Fuck Up (TM). This ice cream tastes more like cake then it does it does ice cream. It tastes more like cake then fucking cake does. Cake is actually suing Ben and Jerry's right now, and I'm a star witness. Tom Carvel tasted it and hung himself. The Friendly's closest to your house is now a Mexican restaurant. 



Why does it taste so much like cake? Because it's a vanilla cake batter ice cream with vanilla cake pieces and butter cream frosting and raspberry swirls. Observant readers may note that the raspberry swirls in the last sentence is smaller than the other words in the same sentence. Totally intentional!! This Ben and Jerry's flavor could use more raspberry swirls, or some chocolate fudge pieces or macadamia nuts or just pretty much anything else. Because it just tastes like vanilla cake I left in the freezer for eight months after the most depressing solo birthday party I've ever had but now I'm out of food because I spent all my money on certain websites and there's nothing left to eat! But good news if you like vanilla cake this is definitely the ice cream for you! 




I'd probably be doing a disservice to our readers if I didn't mention that the cake pieces actually have the consistency of real cake- no gimmicks there. That being said, I'm going to give this Ben and Jerry's flavor a C+. Guess what the C stands for. Personally, I wouldn't get this again, because I'm not that huge a fan of super sweet flour sugar combinations traditionally combined with a softer flour-free version of more sugar. So we picked the wrong guy to write this review! But that tag line was just too good to give up.
-sl33zy



Wanna get in touch with the bad boys of food blogging? HERE'S HOW:
EMAIL: Fatguyfoodblog@gmail.com
FACEBOOK: facebook.com/fatguyfoodblog
TWITTER: @fatguyfoodblog
INSTAGRAM: @fatguyfoodblog

Hit us up with ideas for new blogs, to get us to review your stuff or restaurant, or just to tell us you think we're hunks who know what's up! We like all those things!

No comments:

Post a Comment