Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wendys new Hot 'N Juicy cheeseburgers!

Five Guys Burgers & Fries has won best burger across the nation two years in a row now. For good reason- they are fantastic.
What can Mcdonalds or Burger King do to measure up? Sadly, nothing. The only one that ever had a chance was Wendys, because their taste is the least "fast food" of the bunch. But sadly, in years past, they have just kept their recipe the same and not decided to step it up at all. Sure, we got the Baconator. But since then? NOTHING.
Dave promises THE BEEF.

But now they have debuted their new Hot 'N Juicy burgers. They promise premium ingredients and an all around better burger experience. But do they deliver? Can Wendys dethrone FIVE GUYS with these new burgers? Could it happen?!
Well...probably not.
But don't let that keep you from trying them, because listen up, they are Damn Good!
The Fatguyfoodblog crew took a trip to Wendys to sample them together. I, of course, went with the 3/4 pound Triple, because...well come on.  I'm writing for FATGUYFOODBLOG. We don't mess around. How much respect will readers lose for me if they saw me review this with the smaller burgers?
The answer? TONS. I'd be the laughing stock of the fat guy food reviewers crowd. I'm not about to let that happen.
Not as pretty as the promo pictures...
The first thing to notice is the paper wrapping. They go old school. No printed up see through tissue paper crap here. This is a thick paper like a guy might wrap a slab of meat in down at the family deli. Which is very fitting because this burger is a meat monster. Three thick slabs of beef, the usual veggies, and nothing wild in the way of condiments. No bbq sauce, or bacon. This thing was their standard recipe and still wowed me.
Juicy, and bursting with flavor.

So...Much...Meat.

One of my favorite parts was the toasted, buttered bun. This was something that jumped out to me in the description, but that I didn't expect to be able to notice too much. I was very wrong. It was delicious and jumped out at me like a slap in the face. I found myself wondering why EVERY burger in the known universe didn't come on a toasted, buttered bun. What the hell were we thinking? I for one have learned from this mistake and vow to butter and toast EVERY bun from this day forward.

This is my, "Man I shouldn't have gotten fries & nuggets with this" face. 

Now if you're a regular person, you may want to opt out of the Triple. It's a serious burger. I recommend it only to super fat people, giant manly men, and guys who are being challenged by their friends to eat something huge. This will satisfy those groups. If you are normal, or someone who does not want to be insanely full, maybe get the double instead. It might be more your speed. I wouldn't waste your time with the single though...that's just too wimpy.

GRADE: B+

4 comments:

  1. sadly, i wasn't man enough to start the experience off with a tripp. the dub was still amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell, the single is amazing too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must... go... to...Wendy's.....IMMEDIATELY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really disagree, I had one of these and it was awful. However it may be the area because Wendy's has always been sub-mcdonalds quality here.

    ReplyDelete